2015 schedule

Home Forums General Olson 30 Discussions 2015 schedule

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by SWG SWG 4 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Thomas Bolland
    Participant

I want to do some more long distance racing and looking at the LO300 or the Bayview Mac in July 2015. Not sure if others are considering either race.

Any private discussions where and when the 2015 North American are going to be? Loyalist was fun but it needs to become a member of Ontario Sailing for my boat to return. Not sure how you guys feel but if our sport is to continue to offer excellent sailing, all sailors ( and not just racing sailors) need to support our sailing associations and pay membership fees.

About the 2014 NAs; if I could relive one days sailing, it would be around Amherst Island in the same conditions as last summer. It was frustrating as there were lots of mistakes made aboard our boat but overall we had a blast of fun. I want more days like that.

SWG
    SWG
    Keymaster

Our crew is mulling over the LO300. For sure it’s on the list for this year but no firm commitment yet. We are planning to do the Susan Hood in late May, and one weekend regatta, like LYRA.

what do you mean about ontario sailing/loyalist/your boat?

Michael Hull
    Participant

Best NA location would be one that maximizes participation (and secondly hosts a good party!).

How were locations chosen in the past? Could an online survey be set up to poll the fleet on location and weekend preference?

Loyalist Cove is a great mid-point between QC/Ottawa/Toronto/US, but there are other locations in the area: Collinsbay Marina (Kingston), Kingston YC, Bay of Quinte YC (Belleville), etc.

SWG
    SWG
    Keymaster

scot mundle (previous skipper old school) told me recently in an email that dave savard from quebec has been organizing the selection process – by vote of skippers in the region – for NA’s in the past few years.

i would like the discussion to begin soon also. it’s early days but people’s schedules fill up and making sure you have crew for events involves a lot of advance planning.

Bruce Hubble
    Bruce Hubble
    Participant

Midwest boats should consider the Port Huron to Mackinac. Spar Wars and Opus Dei are in for sure. Couple of others are interested! Do it…mid July. Launch in Port Huron and have your pit crew meet you in Mackinaw City for haul out and return.

PHRF Shore Course. You will need as a minimum Offshore #2 equipment. Read the NOR early to make sure you have the stuff!

Jonathan Nye
    Participant

Has the site for the 2015 LYRA Annual Regatta been announced? Possible NAs site? Or has been mentioned before, I can guarantee a good time, good RCs and no hoist fees if people are will to travel to western Long Island Sound for a North American Championship.

SWG
    SWG
    Keymaster

LYRA 2015 is at Sodus Bay Yacht Club, July 27-Aug 2.

http://goo.gl/maps/3lVd6

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.