Commercial Interests

Home Forums General Olson 30 Discussions Commercial Interests

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Old School 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Al Holt
    Participant

I know that “commercials” are generally out of line in discussion forums. I hope I am straying only into a gray area by bringing the subject up. I’ve corresponded with Scot “Old School” about this and he agrees that putting the toe in the water is okay.
    There are several small businesses among Olson 30 owners that offer products of particular interest for the Olson 30. I am one of them. I would like to have some fair way to advertise my wares that would be informative, but not intrusive. The Soverel 33 website offers quicklinks to business websites free as a service to members. The links are listed with suggestions about what members can find at the websites. I propose that the Olson 30 group do the same. I’d like to know the reaction of the membership on this proposal.
    Al Holt

Javier Jerez
    Participant

I see no problem with the idea. Several OD sites have links to parts suppliers. They’re segregated out on a separate page and can help in finding OD specific items. Here’s another example from the Hobbie33 class site http://www.hobie33class.com/hobie33-hardware-rigging.htm.

Javier
    Lively
    Hull #282

Curt Rodgers
    Participant

Links to businesses that offer Olson specific products would be useful.

My two cents.

Old School
    Participant

I can easily create a suppliers page. I just need some content.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.