Hull 027 History?

Home Forums General Olson 30 Discussions Hull 027 History?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fitzee 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

fitzee
    Participant

After owning hull 027 since 2009 I thought it was time to try to fill in the blanks on her history. She is currently named Pacific Pearl and now lives on Vancouver Island BC. I purchased her in Tacoma WA as Always Tricky and met her owners at that time…3 retired Boeing engineers. Great guys BTW. Previous to that she was in the SF Bay Area and was named Daddy-O. And previous to that she was I believe in So Cal and was named Stress Breaker and Hooligan…not sure of the order. Anyway, I’d love to hear her history if anyone out there is familiar with the boat…races, era, pics, etc.
    I did a complete strip-down interior and exterior on the hard over 7 months after purchasing her and have updated with jock strips, BOD, carbon pole, sails, hardware, epoxy bottom, electronics and on and on (I consciously got rid of receipts so I wouldn’t be reminded of how much I have into her). Anyway money well spent as she is one of the nicer O30’s I know of and I plan on sailing her for many years to come. I’d be thrilled to hear anything about her…especially her pre-Tacoma years.

SWG
    SWG
    Keymaster

this message says “Hoodlum”.

http://www.sailpix.com/email/olson30/2002/2489.html

there are more sailpix messages referring to #27, some of them are actually yours. i have looked around on there and there is a lot of info but it’s not easy to find. if you do google site: searches you can find stuff. one message can lead to others that connect another dot and so forth.

http://www.sailpix.com/email/olson30/2001/2301.html

the message above refers to “Stress Breaker” in 2001.

fitzee
    Participant

Thanks for the search tips SWG. It looks like Tom in SF purchased her in 2002. I was told that Ballenger in SC installed a “re-manufactured” single spreader rig around 2005 so the dates jive. I don’t know if Tom ever found the self-furler he was looking for..thankfully it had a Harken foil when I bought it. As for his question on barrier coat…well it did get done (zero blisters BTW) in 2009 along with a new Bomar hatch. Cheers.

fitzee
    Participant

And thanks for the correction….Hoodlum and not Hooligan. Same damn thing aren’t they??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.