Parting out An Olson 30

Home Forums General Olson 30 Discussions Parting out An Olson 30

This topic contains 53 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Ray 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • Author

Dari
    Participant

I had the opportunity to buy another Olson 30, and I bought it…it is in BAD shape, but the parts are not as bad as the overall boat.

Anyways, I am thinking about Parting it out. Anyone have any requests? Hull #65.

D

Bruce Hubble
    Bruce Hubble
    Participant

Maybe post some pictures. Does it have a BOD, for example?
    Winches are ?

Note: if it gets cut up…put that in the O30 database

Dari
    Participant

No BOD…none of the race parts…but the rudder would be usable if refinished…there is an engine mount…the mast step…pipe berths…cushions…Toe Rails are in fine shape…I might be talked out of the boom…it has the boom kicker (Garhauer)…it has 2 Harken (black) 40’s that look like they are in real good shape…then there are the blocks…an original Spinnaker Pole. Rear Hatch cover, front hatch cover, foredeck hatch…the inside cabinets. Chain plates…a Keel!!! heeeehheheeee….

I have not cut it up and if someone wants the hull to molest, I would be willing to let it go…

D

Joe
    Participant

If the rudder is in good shape I may need one. The shaft on mine may be a tiny bit bent. Not unsailable bent, it is plumb, but looks like a previous owner/boatyard backed into something so that it turns but it takes a bit of effort. The boat hasn’t been in the water for a few years so I am not quite sure how this will affect how it sails.

Joe
    Hang On Sloopy #232

Dari
    Participant

PM me if you really want it. It was a Dallas Race Week winner in the past from what I understand…the previous owner just let it sit at the club and it is in real bad shape…I am sure the rudder can be used.

D

Bruce Hubble
    Bruce Hubble
    Participant

I’ll take the winches..my Barients are tired.

Bruce Hubble
    Bruce Hubble
    Participant

Exactly what is wrong with the boat? I have a friend that saves boats and flips them. Of course, he gets them real cheap….let me know.

Dari
    Participant

The boat has just been neglected…the mast is broken about 2 feet above the spreaders, the rear pulpit is tweaked, the front pulpit is tweaked…the bottom needs a complete overhaul….the finish is pitted like a golf ball…the inside needs a complete overhaul…lines are all bad…if he wants to come get the hull, I would be willing to let it go CHEAP!

Andrew Bish
    Participant

Dari,
    Call me!

Andrew
    310-925-9386

Old School
    Participant

Does it have the stock Bomar forward hatch, or a lewmar?

Dari
    Participant

I am not sure of the brand…I’ll check this weekend.

d

Dari
    Participant

Here are some pics…My point and shoot broke last night…so iPhone pics…I’ll get more this weekend.

https://picasaweb.google.com/111258295487077580600/Olson65?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Curt Rodgers
    Participant

Where is this boat? What kind of companion way cover does it have? Also, if it had a double spreader rig, are the spreaders still available?

Dari
    Participant

Its in Dallas TX, it has one the cover with the plexi opening…no rig, no spreaders…

Jason Adamson
    Participant

I’ll take those harken adjustable cars and track. How are those harken winches?

Jonathan Pollak
    Participant

I would hope that someone could want to resurrect this boat. Such a shame to ax it. But… I could probably use a few of those stantions as well as the removable rear hatch door.

Dari
    Participant

So I really do not want to cut up the HULL…if someone would take the hull off my hands, I would make a GREAT deal on it…With that being said, here are more detailed pictures…

https://picasaweb.google.com/dari1369/Olson65Pics?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Dari
    Participant

And please email me at Dari@mySpeedster.Info

Bruce Hubble
    Bruce Hubble
    Participant

How much for the whole thing? I might be able to sell it for you!

Keep it low..would have to be hauled to Michigan! I have a crew member that rebuilds boats…but it has to be low enough in price to justify the material/labor to make it sail or saleable.

Jim Saylor
    Participant

Don’t cut it! Please.

Dari
    Participant

Here is the deal guys, I DON’t WANT to cut it, but Storage is going to cost me an arm….

I want the trailer, but I would be willing to toss in my trailer that was freshly painted and new pads installed. It is a single axle Trailex.

I would be willing to let go of the Hull (w/ Broken Mast) and Trailer (NO Boom, Pulpits,or winches) for $3500. Other wise, I can sell the parts for WAY more than $3500…

D

Al Holt
    Participant

I would like to acquire a trailer. Please contact me if you have one available. al@holtmarinesystems.com

Jonathan Pollak
    Participant

By those pics she does not appear to be so far gone to call for stripping her at all… someone please buy it! Though you make it rather unatractive proposition after taking the winches, boom and pulpits off.

Dari
    Participant

Pictures LIE! I need the pulpits…I can be talked out of the Boom… I am in the boat for a whole lot more than $3500. I don’t want to lose money either.

D

Jonathan Pollak
    Participant

Ha, well reality is reality at the end of the day. Unfortunately…

Cory Izett
    Participant

I am interested in the forward hatch. LET ME KNOW Thanks

Dari
    Participant

Forward Hatch? The Foredeck one or the one for the main cabin?

Cory Izett
    Participant

The foredeck is the one I need, might take them both depending on price. THANKS – Cory

Dari
    Participant

someone else already called the foredeck….

and I think someone called the cabin top one, but I will let you know.

d

Curt Rodgers
    Participant

How about the electronics…any idea if they work?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.