RIP Old School

Home Forums General Olson 30 Discussions RIP Old School

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by SWG SWG 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SWG
    SWG
    Keymaster

Very sad news. I just found out that Old School was being sailed in a club cruise at RCYC (in October) and another club boat t-boned it and severely damaged it. I believe the website banner at the top of the page is Old School?When we got our boat I contacted the former owned of Old School, have emailed him several times with questions on various topics and he’s been super helpful. Very bummed that his old boat got wrecked. I did not see the damage but according to someone I know who works at RCYC there was significant damage midships. The new owner took the insurance settlement and a boat wrecker towed it away to scrap it.

Background – saw ad for ‘Olson 30 Spinnakers’ on local Kijiji and I contacted seller. Spoke to the seller and got the story about the Old School catastrophe. I don’t know where the hull ended up but i am trying to find out. Someone should at the very least save the rig.

Bruce Hubble
    Bruce Hubble
    Participant

I know someone who needs a boom and gooseneck.

If you find it please post the info for all.

Steven Lewis
    Steven Lewis
    Participant

I need the boom BAD!!!!! Mine is bent, flipped and some kind of bastardized weirdness! Put a hold on it for me… If anyone talks to Old School (RIP) I need the boom! Bad..
    Thanks
    Steve (Scourge 81)

SWG
    SWG
    Keymaster

for sure i will try to to find the boat if it still exists and if i do i will report what i find. i don’t know where it is but i am trying to locate. i have spoken to the company that towed it from RCYC so that’s a start but nothing more is known at the moment.

SWG
    SWG
    Keymaster

I may have found the remains of Old School, but not sure what the story is yet, who owns what’s left, but I made some progress today. Another update soon.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.