SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA OLSON 30'S

Home Forums General Olson 30 Discussions SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA OLSON 30'S

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by jamottep jamottep 1 month ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

O30Sleeper
    Participant

Hi All!
    Happy New Year! I’m hoping to get my O30 out a bit more this season…most likely doing a few shorthanded events when I have time. Just wanted to reach out to other Bay area O30 owners and see who is out there! I see lots of O30’s for sale right now in the Bay Area…whose holding onto theirs and whose planning on doing some sailing in 2017? For some of the shorthanded events…it would be fun to get enough boats on the line and get our own start! I look forward to hearing from folks!

~Adam
    O30 SLEEPER Hull #70

SWG
    SWG
    Keymaster

I can try to connect you with some of the Bay Area owners.

O30Sleeper
    Participant

Thanks! That would be great! I know of quite a few boats in the area…but it would be great to see more active folks on this site. I know of Dragonsong, Corsair, Think Fast, Nina (Olson 29), etc. Here in the Bay Area…the Moore 24 and Express 27 fleets thrive…What happened to the Olson 30’s?

~Adam
    O30 SLEEPER HULL #70

SWG
    SWG
    Keymaster

Forums activity has fallen off dramatically. Blame Facebook. But we are trying to bring people here, the advantage to discussions here is we control the content, unlike Facebook.

jamottep
    jamottep
    Participant

I live in the Bay Area (Redwood City) and just acquired an Olson 30 that is berthed in Santa Cruz. I’d love if anyone is interested to get experience as crew … Let me know please …

SWG
    SWG
    Keymaster

Welcome to the community!

O30Sleeper
    Participant

Hi Jamottep
    I chimed in on a few of your SSS forum topics..congrats again on getting Double Espresso! What’s the latest on the channel out to the ocean down there in SC? Last I heard…it was completed silted in with all this rain. Are you thinking about relocating the boat to the Bay? Also curious if you scored the complete offshore kit with Double Espresso or is he still selling a few things?

jamottep
    jamottep
    Participant

The Santa Cruz harbor channel is still blocked. It seems to have slowed down because of engine failure … It is annoying not to be able to go out … I am not sure about relocating because what I want to do is ocean sailing. Out of brickyard code it would be a while to get out. I realize that puts me out for all bay races. I only have a 1 year slip & the wait list is four years.
    I don’t think Jason has much left. The key thing I didn’t buy is the life raft because it “expires” before the SHTP 2018 and servicing was 600-800 somewhere around LA …
    If you need crew out on the Bay on your Olson I’d love to join in and learn more about the boat; I am a newbie …

Freakshow
    Freakshow
    Participant

Hi All – We just purchased an O 30 and look forward to joining you guys in some one design racing! Dan

O30Sleeper
    Participant

Excellent! Which one did you get? Where you keeping the boat?

SWG
    SWG
    Keymaster

Dan / Freakshow,

Welcome!

Make sure to let us know about which boat you purchased:

Hull Database Submission

jamottep
    jamottep
    Participant

Good day,
    I’m looking to relocate my dry sailed Olson 30 from Santa Cruz to the Bay. I’m still strongly favoring offshore sailing so I would prefer something with “quick” access to outside the gate. I also need a mule aka tug to move the trailer to the hoist. From what research I did it would seem that this leaves me with Brickyard Cove and they only have one space available for a 27 footer.

Any other suggestions? I’d love it if Pillar Point had a hoist and tug!

Syd
    Participant

Likely a couple of 30s will leave for Tahoe in the spring but they may keep their spots over the summer. You can get a 30′ slip in brickyard and wait for a dry storage spot. I keep my 29 in slip there and it has great access to good sailing areas.

jamottep
    jamottep
    Participant

I’ll be moving to BYC in the next few weeks … Slip P89.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.