Spinnaker Pole Storage On Boom

Home Forums General Olson 30 Discussions Spinnaker Pole Storage On Boom

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by SWG SWG 1 year ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

O30Sleeper
    Participant

Hi Everyone!
    I was curious how many folks are storing their Spin poles on the boom using a sleeve???…And if so…Do you all have quite a bit of Spin pole overhang past the end of the Boom?????? I was just mocking up my system….and the overhang seems problematic…Thanks for the help!

~Adam
    O30 “Sleeper”

SWG
    SWG
    Keymaster

You will have overhang with the cloth sleeve. Close to 12″. It doesn’t see to be a big issue. I will posts photos of a different solution, which is a metal bracket that is used on Etchells, different than the sleeve and in a few ways much easier to use. But lots of people swear by the bag on the boom.

O30Sleeper
    Participant

Thanks for the shout back…I do have the sleeve system…and about 12″ sounds about right…I would be interested in seeing an alternative…

SWG
    SWG
    Keymaster

Will be at boat on Thursday and take some photos. The Etchells setup is pretty slick. The one advantage over the bag is that it’s very easy to stow the pole. Much easier than with the bag. Not that the bag is all that hard but the Etchells setup is faster and easier to stow.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.