Stove

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jean Andre 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Ray
    Participant

Hi, folks- I think I’ve read most of the threads on this topic, but I’m still left wondering about a few details. My boat still has the tracks for the stove on the port side, but no stove. I think the original Origo 3000 isn’t available now– at least not from WM or Defender, but they do have a cheaper single burner stove and it’s much narrower.. Has anyone looked into how to fit one of these into the existing space where the tracks are for gimbaling or did you go with a different brand?

Ray

Bruce Hubble
    Bruce Hubble
    Participant

Defender has the double burner 3000 in the 2012 catalog. There is a Cookmate that is similar. I have the original stove and no tracks! I got some ronstan tracks that kinda work. Wanna sell yours?

Ray
    Participant

Sorry, Bruce- I’m trying to get mine workin’.. Not sure how I missed that search on the Defender site, but I found the double burner fairly cheap on swego.com.

Ray
    Participant

Bruce- I ended up buying the Cookmate, and I don’t think I need my tracks. I’ll just give them to you. The Cookmate is also a bit narrower, so I’ll need to shim the gimbals in a bit, but I’m pretty sure I will have no need for the tracks (unless you know differently?).

Ray

Bruce Hubble
    Bruce Hubble
    Participant

Awesome Ray…trying to keep my boat pretty ‘stock’ and these would help. The Ronstan’s are barely useable. Let me know when you are ready. use email:
    sparwars at att dot net.

Ray
    Participant

Bruce- check your email. I’ve sent a couple messages that may have been funneled into your junk box…

Ray

Jean Andre
    Participant

I have the tracks but only one of the “cars”, does anyone know where can I find it?

Cheers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.