Swim ladder

Home Forums General Olson 30 Discussions Swim ladder

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Al Holt 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Joe
    Participant

What are people using for a swim ladder. Our Olson will primarily be used as a family daysailer for the next few years (currently I have a 3 month old and a 22 month old). I would think that over the stern would be the most stable place to put a ladder, except that is where the outboard is located. I’d rather not remove the ladder every time my wife and son want to splash around in the lake. What would you recommend for a ladder location? If you have any experience with a particular ladder that works well with the O-30 could you let me know.

Al Holt
    Participant

Our approach has been to hang a line over the transom with one or two bowlines at convenient levels. The scupper recesses make the final steps needed for climbing back aboard.
    I thought about fashioning a more comfortable approach, but the Olson 30 crowd has not shown much interest in my many other (dazzling) commercial offerings, so I’ve turned to other markets. Let me know if you find something that works!
    Al

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.