Twings Setup

Home Forums Hardware & Setup Technical Twings Setup

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by SWG SWG 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SWG
    SWG
    Keymaster

How do people set up their twings? We have some bits and pieces that came with our boat. Snatch blocks close to the shroud is almost all I know for sure. There are some other blocks that I think were used for the twings, above the snatch block, but not sure.

Bill Vosteen
    Participant

We would almost need to see your hardware to tell you what to do. In general the twings are set up just in front of the center stanchion on the rail. Most would use a Holt dinghy snatch block on the sheets, with a block on the rail. Some would have a cam cleat on the rail but most would run the twing back to the cockpit and have a cam cleat on the side of the cabin.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Jim Saylor
    Participant

On Fast Company we have a small block at on the toe rail at the first stanchion aft of the shrouds. No snatch block as it weighed down the sheet or guy. Simple stainless or Antal ring. Twing sheets to the lower outside of the cabin at the cockpit. Most of the time we don’t us a fore guy which keeps the deck clear when dousing.

SWG
    SWG
    Keymaster

Will post some pics of what we have.

the twings are 1/4″ poly line with a Holt plastic snatch block on the end. was looking for examples of how the twings are run. i believe some of the blocks we have were used for the twings, twing line running through block that anchors between toe rail (shackle at bottom) and lifeline (shock cord top of block to lifeline).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.