Forum Replies Created
That’s exactly what I was thinking. I was wondering if any PacCup participants were concerned about chafe and if they had done anything about it. My rigger suggested adding a top plate with a couple spinnaker bales and external halyards, but i don’t like that idea.
I replied to Mike Hull a while back but noticed my reply hadn’t posted on the forum. Here’s the final tally: not too painful.
Total cost for the job was $265.
Here’s the breakout according to the yard:
Labor: 1.5 hr x $110 = $165
Deremeled out small cracks on keel/ground out spot on edge, filled with West System, sanded and painted
Prep and paint materials
Here are the pictures of the epoxy fix before sanding and painting. I’ll upload the cost went I get the final figures.
Yard just called me and said it’s been repaired and already painted over w/ Micron 66! Didn’t bother telling me they were going to do it evn though I asked for an estimate. arrrgh. Anyway the pProcess pretty much what Jim said and the yard said they see this all the time. They dremmeled out the crack and filled it with West System 205. Keel bolts were tight. No issues from in bilge area.
Hey Bruce, not sure what you mean by G flex or “rack the sump”
You’re right it is above the keel/stub joint – which would’ve surpised me less. Thanks for the cost number. I asked the yard to send me an estimate; we’ll see how it comapres.
Here are the pics. Had to shrink ’em to upload.
I see no problem with the idea. Several OD sites have links to parts suppliers. They’re segregated out on a separate page and can help in finding OD specific items. Here’s another example from the Hobbie33 class site http://www.hobie33class.com/hobie33-hardware-rigging.htm.