Forestay Connection at Mast Head

Home Forums Hardware & Setup Technical Forestay Connection at Mast Head

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Marc Nachman 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Marc Nachman
    Participant

Attached is a picture of the junction between the forestay and the mast head. Notice tha forestay appears to be bent around something. Is this rigged wrong of is it supposed to be that way?

Thanks,
    Marc
    Zephyr #111

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

SWG
    Keymaster

I agree it looks odd and not good. I haven’t seen a masthead that looks like that before, with the forestay attachment above the mast crane. Normally the forestay pin is buried inside the mast a bit below the top of the crane. The forestay is normally held on the same pin that carries the two outer halyard sheaves, in the middle.

Marc Nachman
    Participant

Thank you SWG. Does anyone have a picture or drawing/diagram of what it should look like?

SWG
    Keymaster

The forestay on this mast is held on the same pin that holds the two wing (spinnaker) sheaves. So it exits the mast box right between the red and blue halyards in the photo. (it not installed in photos but you can see it in one of the pictures)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Marc Nachman
    Participant

Looks like you are right. I had my rigger go up and look at it. He said the PO had installed some shields to keep the halyards from wrapping. He cut away the part that the fore stay was laying on…problem solved.

Thank you very much for your input.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.