LYRA 2015 – Olson 30 NA’s Registration is Open

Home Forums Regattas & Racing LYRA 2015 – Olson 30 NA’s Registration is Open

This topic contains 18 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Skip Danesi 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

SWG
    Keymaster

In case folks don’t see the front page, LYRA 2015 / Olson 30 NA’s registration is now open.

http://www.sodusbayyc.org/lyra-registration.html

Skip Danesi
    Participant

I plan on registering for the NA’s in Sodus. I renewed my membership last week. Who can I contact to see if I’m all set on that end? Tried sending emails through this sight but they’re bouncing back as undeliverable.

Michael Hull
    Participant

Questions about SBYC and LYRA are answered quickly by Chuck Willette .
    With your registration, we’re at 4 O30s (‘Danesi’, Chicane, Eleven, Ritalin); plus I’m expecting one, if not two more (Investor’s and O’Natural) from Kingston coming with me. TO&QC…? Registered boats:
    http://nebula.wsimg.com/ccf546f56d53a0d0ed50614b7552b4e2?AccessKeyId=E001D751B48AC94DA377&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

SWG
    Keymaster

Boom – a new O30 from Toronto will be at the NAC’s. Surfer Girl / Victrix too.

Note to all who are registering – the Class Association has taken an affiliate membership in LYRA, so in the section of the registration form “Is your Yacht Club a member of LYRA?” choose YES.

To Skip – I know your membership is up to date, just got a message from Todd the Class Secretary.

Skip Danesi
    Participant

Scott,
    I’ve been trying to send a copy of the bounce-backs but even they are bouncing back as undeliverable.

I’ll be there. Thanks for letting me know.

Michael Hull
    Participant

NAs fast approaching!! Four boats registered (Chicane, Eleven, Ritalin, Victrix). Registrants: http://nebula.wsimg.com/dcb0518e211419a2896dafbfbfdf059d?AccessKeyId=E001D751B48AC94DA377&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

Where are others from last year’s NAs??? Attractive Nuisance, O’Naturel, Investors Group, and Smoke’Em…

I know Organized Chaos is on the fence – we’d love to see you there! If anyone else is on the fence or needs crew, let me know, and I’ll bring experienced racers from Kingston.

SWG
    Keymaster

Our boat is in need of some crew, we have had two people abandon us, and what crew we have left is completely inexperienced, especially with W/L course racing (myself included). So it’s not looking very good but we’re willing to press on if we can get some experienced help.

Michael Hull
    Participant

Hi SWG! I’ll ask around Kingston and get back to you.
    What’s your contact info?
    Would you like an experienced helmsman or just general experienced crew?
    Which is your boat?

SWG
    Keymaster

Foredeck, Trimmer, any experienced crew. Our boat is new to the area, but used to be in Cobourg (but never sailed out of there).

Michael Hull
    Participant

OK – I’m on it. Can I have your contact info to forward interested people your way?

Also – you mentioned in a previous post that surfer girl, victix, and yourself are coming… but only victrix has registered… what’s going on with surfer girl?

SWG
    Keymaster

Surfer Girl and Victrix are the same boat. Surfer Girl is her original name.

SWG
    Keymaster

Message just received from Jerry Dodge who is our contact at SBYC for LYRA:

To:
    Great Lakes

Name:
    Jerry Dodge

Subject:
    O30’s NA’s

We have a great venue set up for the Olson 30 here in Sodus . The long
    distance race is set. The course racing is ready to go with world
    class PROs. All that is missing is the Olson 30 Fleet . 6-8 boats
    isn’t much of a NAs’. Please help.

Michael Hull
    Participant

I have found four interested individual experienced sailors in Kingston to fill spots on other’s boats. Please contact me if you need crew: michaelghull@gmail.com

Skip Danesi
    Participant

High Anxiety is registered. Have date/times for weigh-ins, sail measurement, etc. been established? I’m heading up on Tuesday with the Centennial Race.

Dave Savard
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

Bruce Rand from O’Naturel has been in charge of the sail mesurement, Official weighing and boat conformity since (at least) 2010. O’Naturel won’t do the NAC this yeas so I will take in charge theses tasks for next week.

Official weighing, sail mesurement and boat conformity will be held wednesday night at 18h00.

I strongly recommend to every skipper to have a look at the class rules for required equipment. The man overboard pole has been excluded from the requirements since 2010 and we will do the same this year. The MOB pole is again considered as facultative Equipment.

Dave Savard
    Victrix aka Surfer Girl
    Hull# 165 / Sail# 77957

Dave Savard
    Participant

I see that High Anxiety and Eleven are not registered for the Olson Long Distance. We asked the organizing comitee to make a seperate race for the Olsons on Thursday 10:00 am instead of making the Overnighter LD on starting on wedneday night.

Note that this race is non discardable.

We need you on the starting line!

Dave
    Victrix aka Surfer Girl

Skip Danesi
    Participant

High Anxiety is registered (online) for the Long Distance race. I don’t know why it doesn’t reflect that. I will email Chuck Willette and I’ll bring my receipt ticket with me for verification.

On that note, I have one crew member that will be racing with me on the long distance race that is unable to do the course racing. I will have another person filling their position for the course racing. I know the constitution specifies the same number of crew, so do I bring both people for weigh in on Wednesday?

Dave Savard
    Participant

Just inform me as soon as your “replacement” crew member arrives. We will just weigh him separatly. If you have rthe same crew number and you’re not overweight, it should be ok.

Dave.

Skip Danesi
    Participant

Thanks Dave and I received confirmation that High Anxiety is registered for the Olson LD. See you all there.

Skip

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘LYRA 2015 – Olson 30 NA’s Registration is Open’ is closed to new replies.