Proposal for 2011 AGM – Online Activities

Home Forums Website & Class Business Discussions Proposal for 2011 AGM – Online Activities

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Old School 12 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Old School
    Participant

With todays tech, and with the wider geographic distribution of members compared to the historical West-Coast-centric nature of the Class, it is my opinion that the Class would be better served if the official discussion of any Class decisions were to be held online, in this forum.

Voting should also take place in an online environment. It is easy to setup an online election on a third party server, such as I did a couple of months ago for the North Americans Site vote.

If there is more than one option for a particular voting issue, I strongly favor a runoff system instead of a first-past-the-post.

It is my opinion that if these proposals were passed, we would most likely see increased Class membership, as everyone would feel more involved instead of the few that make it to Nationals.

Old School
    Participant

Any comments?

Old School
    Participant

Of course, some conversations would have to take place…

Al Holt
    Participant

I agree.
    Making the site a “one stop shopping” will concentrate interest. The voting scheme worked well, even in the view of those who lost the election.
    Thanks to “Old School” for the energy put into this.
    Al Holt

Old School
    Participant

If anyone else actually wants to make this happen, they have to join the Association at least a month before the Nationals so they are entitled to a vote.

This means now……

http://www.olson30.org/association/membership-application/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.