Dewey

 

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Keel Stub Glass Problem? #21356

    Dewey
    Member

    Thanks SWG.

    Have gone along and tapped with the handle end of a screwdriver, definitely a difference in sound.

    Based on some glass I found sanding nearby, currently theorizing there may be a layer of fiberglass weave laid up on top of the chopped-mat keel stub that spans the stub-keel joint. Is this a feature of the stock boats? If not perhaps added by one of many previous owners.

    in reply to: Keel Stub Glass Problem? #21352

    Dewey
    Member

    Images

    Starboard side of the keel stub, about 50% chord.

    See the spot where I got to the keel lead to confirm where on the stub I was working.

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)