jamottep
Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
I’ll be moving to BYC in the next few weeks … Slip P89.
Good day,
I’m looking to relocate my dry sailed Olson 30 from Santa Cruz to the Bay. I’m still strongly favoring offshore sailing so I would prefer something with “quick” access to outside the gate. I also need a mule aka tug to move the trailer to the hoist. From what research I did it would seem that this leaves me with Brickyard Cove and they only have one space available for a 27 footer.Any other suggestions? I’d love it if Pillar Point had a hoist and tug!
The Santa Cruz harbor channel is still blocked. It seems to have slowed down because of engine failure … It is annoying not to be able to go out … I am not sure about relocating because what I want to do is ocean sailing. Out of brickyard code it would be a while to get out. I realize that puts me out for all bay races. I only have a 1 year slip & the wait list is four years.
I don’t think Jason has much left. The key thing I didn’t buy is the life raft because it “expires” before the SHTP 2018 and servicing was 600-800 somewhere around LA …
If you need crew out on the Bay on your Olson I’d love to join in and learn more about the boat; I am a newbie …Thank you …
I also have 3 of the original spinnakers. They were made by Horizon Sails in San Francisco, which doesn’t appear to be in business anymore. So … I’ll pop them all and see how they fare? Some of them are letting out some nasty fumes. I’m not experienced with sails (or anything really) so I have no idea what these sails are made of. They’re 35 years old. They all seem to be in ok shape, with the 0.75 needing light repairs. I need a lot of practice anyway …
I live in the Bay Area (Redwood City) and just acquired an Olson 30 that is berthed in Santa Cruz. I’d love if anyone is interested to get experience as crew … Let me know please …
-
AuthorPosts
