O30Sleeper

 

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: FOSS/alternate rudder experiences? #5208

    O30Sleeper
    Participant

    Pic 5197 is the rudder on an Olson 29. Yes.. I am in the market for a replacement offshore rudder for my boat and I inquired with Foss Foam about options…these were the two options they sent…

    in reply to: FOSS/alternate rudder experiences? #5206

    O30Sleeper
    Participant

    Interesting…both drawings came from Foss…apparently the 5199 was built for an Olson years ago and the new Foss rudder used by Jiri & Jason was originally designed for the Hobie 33. Personally I like the looks of the Larry Tuttle designed rudder but from what I heard…the price point isn’t anywhere near what the Foss Rudders are going for…

    in reply to: FOSS/alternate rudder experiences? #5203

    O30Sleeper
    Participant

    Photo #5197 is a profile shot of the Olson 29 (#27) Water Rat Larry Tuttle rudder seen in posting #5186
    I’m unclear on the mistake in the rudder pictured in #5199? Pictured here is the rudder used by Jiri and Jason for comparison…

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    in reply to: FOSS/alternate rudder experiences? #5199

    O30Sleeper
    Participant

    I was also told by Foss Foam they built another alternative rudder for the Olson years back…which looks like this…

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    in reply to: FOSS/alternate rudder experiences? #5197

    O30Sleeper
    Participant

    I would also be curious in some feedback on the Larry Tuttle rudder…I believe this is the same rudder pictured above…just gives you a better idea of profile/shape…How would this rudder compare with stock class 030 rudder as well as the Elliptical class rudder?

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    in reply to: Spinnaker Pole Storage On Boom #5145

    O30Sleeper
    Participant

    Thanks for the shout back…I do have the sleeve system…and about 12″ sounds about right…I would be interested in seeing an alternative…

    in reply to: SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA OLSON 30'S #5044

    O30Sleeper
    Participant

    Excellent! Which one did you get? Where you keeping the boat?

    in reply to: SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA OLSON 30'S #5036

    O30Sleeper
    Participant

    Hi Jamottep
    I chimed in on a few of your SSS forum topics..congrats again on getting Double Espresso! What’s the latest on the channel out to the ocean down there in SC? Last I heard…it was completed silted in with all this rain. Are you thinking about relocating the boat to the Bay? Also curious if you scored the complete offshore kit with Double Espresso or is he still selling a few things?

    in reply to: SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA OLSON 30'S #5024

    O30Sleeper
    Participant

    Thanks! That would be great! I know of quite a few boats in the area…but it would be great to see more active folks on this site. I know of Dragonsong, Corsair, Think Fast, Nina (Olson 29), etc. Here in the Bay Area…the Moore 24 and Express 27 fleets thrive…What happened to the Olson 30’s?

    ~Adam
    O30 SLEEPER HULL #70

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)