Steven Lewis
Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
I’ll take them. I have your email, I’ll send you a message.
Hope Bruce does’nt mind i posted a photo of his vessel. Absolutely awesome!
Or someone can buy the mold I have and make a modern, ergonomic, clutter free cockpit.

That looks structural to me. I just removed my keel and the joint is about 6″ below your cracking. That appears to be cracked right at the hull where it is a solid glass protrusion that is actually the bilge. I attached a photo of what it looks like without the keel.
From the center of the pin at the mast head to the bottom of the wire backstay turnbuckle (red arrow)its 356 1/2″ Other photo is the block at the end of the turnbuckle. Hardly makes sense that there is a turnbuckle at the end with a cascading backstay. Not sure what the original configuration looked like. Anyway I believe it’s the original wire and that’s what is there.
I should be able to get that for you. I’ll send a photo of the terminating end with the measurement some time tomorrow. I’m 90% sure my backstay rod is original.
I need the boom BAD!!!!! Mine is bent, flipped and some kind of bastardized weirdness! Put a hold on it for me… If anyone talks to Old School (RIP) I need the boom! Bad..
Thanks
Steve (Scourge 81)Welcome, congrats! I am also a new(ish) owner of #81 from Oregon.I know the original owner of your boat. It was formerly Hellion, out of Grosse Ile MI. He bought the boat new and the brown Tecumseh thingy was a kit developed shortly after the introduction of the Olson. He said it was a motor, some parts and a plan. He and some others did the install. He often says to me “I should never have sold that boat. Fastest I’ve ever gone on a sailboat” He traded the boat in in Ohio on a new Soverel 39. I informed him of your purchase. He was glad to hear she’ll be back racing again. It’s in overall very good shape. Good find, Congrats, and keep posting.
Steve #81
-
AuthorPosts
